My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.gnarlitude.com/ and update your bookmarks.

1/30/2008

they'll kick you when you're up and knock you when you're down


While the new Cat Power record has been getting mixed reviews, I can safely say I love it. I've said before that I'm glad she's progressing from the old style and getting more bluesy because it really seems to fit her well. The above is her and the amazing Dirty Delta Blues performing the song "Silver Stallion" which appears on Jukebox. Listening to the original and then hearing her cover, you would never guess it was the same song because of how incredibly well she makes it hers and you want to believe it is. Also, the slide guitar on the album, specifically on this song, has to be one of my favorite things about it overall. Her covers are always incredible and I'd actually love to see her do "All Along the Watchtower."

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]